Кто твикал Radeon-овские видеокарты?

Fowler

Купил себе Radeon 9500 128 Mb скачал прогу RivaTuner которой ее можно попытаться твикнуть. Но вот из-за своей компьютерной малограмотности не пойму как это делается.
Насколько я понимаю в данном случае не увеличивается как обычно тактовая частота работы процессора и памяти а открываются четыре дополнительных конвертера.
Если кто-то подобное осуществлял, не можете ли расписать процедуру, пожалуйста.

The_fly

А ты стандартные настройки карточки уже все просмотрел?

Fowler

В проге для твикинга?
Посмотрел, но многое не понял.

The_fly

Не знаю что такое твикинг - но нафиг он нужен?
В "стандартной" - то есть в свойствах видеокарты есть кой чё.

lockator

дополнительные 4 конвейера активируются перепайкой резистора на процессоре или патчем...
а вообще надо иногда RTFM:
SoftR9x00 patch script for the Catalyst 2.0 and higher allows you to unlock 8 pixel pipelines on RADEON 9500 based boards and turn any 128-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9500PRO and any 256-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9700PRO. SoftR9x00 also allows you to perform reverse modification and to convert RADEON9500PRO/9700(PRO) to RADEON 9500. Additionally, SoftR9x00 scripts allow forcing RADEON 9800PRO capabilities on any RADEON9500(PRO)/9700(PRO) board. The script can be also used to block driver-level overclocking protection on RADEON 9500PRO and RADEON 9700 boards.

Fowler

С помощью таких программ можно значительно увеличить производительность видеокарты.
О каких "Свойствах" ты говоришь, если о тех, которые доступны через Панель управления / Система, то там ничего особенного нет.

Fowler

Вот что нашел в FAQ к Riva Tuner
Q: How do I install the SoftR9x00 patch script?
A: Just perform the following sequence of actions:

1. Extract ATI driver into the temporary folder (e.g. C:\SoftR9x00\) with WinZip or just run driver setup to extract driver to its default location (usually C:\ATI\Support\).
2. Run SoftR9x00 patch script (read the previous questions to get instructions on installing *.rts scripts) for your operation system.
3. Patch script window will appear. Press <Continue> button after reading and accepting SoftR9x00 license agreement. Depending on the OS you are using, patch script interpretator will offer you to browse for ati2mtag.sys or ati2xvag.v file.
4. If you are using generic driver distributive with packed installation files (*.dl_, *.sy_ etc.) then select ati2mtag.sy_ or ati2xvag.vx_ in the 'Files of type' dropdown list. If you use unpacked modified driver ATI drivers (e.g. ripped driver packs from www.radeon2.ru) then simply leave the 'Files of type' dropdown list unchanged.
5. Select target file in the folder where you've extracted ATI driver. RivaTuner will patch it and display log window. Ensure that it doesn't contain error messages.
6. Install the driver you have patched. To do it use device manager and manually update the driver and specify *.inf file for the patched driver.

Q: How do I verify that SoftR9x00 is installed properly?
A: First, RivaTuner must display that 8 pixel pipelines have been successfully activated (the number of currently active pixel pipelines is displayed on the main tab, e.g. "256-bit R300 (8x1) with 128MB DDR memory" ).Second, Windows must display 'Radeon 9700' in the Display properties -> Adapter -> Adapter information -> Chip type. Third, OpenGL renderer name must detect Radeon 9700 too (you may verify OpenGL renderer name with specialized software like GLInfo, SiSoft Sandra or simply use some OpenGL games (e.g. use Quake III -> System -> Driver info). Finally, you can compare file modification date for %windir%\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys and ati2mtag.sy_ in the driver's distributive. They must be different.

Q: I did it step by step but it didn't work. Is it a bug in script or my R9500 is just unmodable?
A: The only reason that can cause it is that the script is not properly used (i.e. you have installed the original driver). Please read the previous question carefully and verify your actions step-by-step.

Q: I've downloaded patched ati2mtag.sys and it worked perfectly, but I cannot get RivaTuner's script to work. What's wrong with RivaTuner?
A: It can only mean that you cannot patch and properly install the driver. Nothing more, nothing less. Please read the previous question carefully and verify your actions step-by-step.

Q: Is there any difference in performance between distributed patched driver and RivaTuner's patch script?
A: No. Both of them give absolutely equal performance.

Q: I've tried to apply SoftR9x00 directly to ati2mtag.sys directly in my windows\System32\drivers folder, but I don't see any difference after reboot. What's wrong?
A: I don't recommend to patch drivers on-the-fly if you don't know what is Windows file protection and how to avoid it. When digitally signed driver is installed, operating system tracks changes in such files and automatically replaces files when you made any changes in them. Use patching on-the-fly only if you perfectly understand and can perform all the additional steps necessary to avoid Windows file protection (e.g. empty dllcache).
Эта программа у меня есть, но где этот скрипт и как его все таки использовать и что там патчить понять не могу.

lockator

Скрипт патчит драйвер.. Для этого надо сначала драйвер распаковать,потом выбрать скрипт для своей ОС,скрипт лежит в папке,куда установлен RivaTuner \patchscripts\ATi\softr9x00\ Потом запускаешь скрипт(если RT был установлен,то скрипт запустится, если был просто переписан, тогда надо установить или хотя бы запустить перед этим). Скрипт дальше надо натравить на распакованный драйвер, потом патченный драйвер поставить.

HiveHicks

Это что типа разгоняеца видюха или что? К 9000про применяеца?

Fowler

Имеется ввиду пропатчивание драйвера видеокарты?

Fowler

Спасибо за ценный совет. Я поначалу пропатчил уже установленный драйвер и игрушки у меня не запускались. Но затем пропатчил дистрибутив и 4 дополнительных конвейера открыты Radeon 9500 превратился в Radeon 9700 в результате чего производительность (fps) в моем авиасиме возросла на 18%.
Весьма благодарю
Оставить комментарий
Имя или ник:
Комментарий: